Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Good Night, Sweet Kitty

Today we said goodbye to our kittyboy, Kramer. :( He was 15. We got him almost exactly 15 years ago as a kitten, with his sister (who tragically passed away about 7 years ago). He was a good cat - good enough that I could overlook the bathroom issues he developed recently.


We knew he didn't have long. He'd stopped eating and had been moving slowly for a while. Occasionally, he'd play with something and make us forget how old he was. His favorite thing was to take over the dog's bed (as seen in the first picture). He would always get on the back of the couch behind me and hang out with me when I write. When I'd get up, he'd steal my spot and put his paw on my computer.


Those that aren't home had said their goodbye's, because we knew it wouldn't be long. Though I didn't expect to come home tonight and find K3 on the basement floor, curled around the cat, sobbing. That broke my heart more than I can say. K3 doesn't remember this house without Kramer. He wasn't even 1 when Kramer came to live with us. He and Kramer were buddies.
Good Night, Sweet Kitty. We will miss you more than you'll ever know.
Behave!

2 comments:

Ava Quinn said...

I'm sooooooo sorry, V.
M3

Victoria said...

Thanks, Ava!