Pages

Monday, February 25, 2019

Monday... Again

And we might blow away!

Though the wind isn't as strong as it was yesterday and earlier today. We surely expected our big trees to topple thanks to the ground being saturated. Luckily, a few twigs were all that fell - at least so far. Most of the cars (except my poor 'burban) were moved to the front. My Jeep remained in its shelter and was fine, but I checked it often.

It was a rough sleeping night last night. When the wind gusted - as it did each time I was dozing off - our bedroom window rattled like it was going to burst into the room. That freaked the dog out, too, so she would get up and move. I was up and down so many times, I felt like a yoyo and I maybe got about 3.5 hours of sleep.

Driving to work and home wasn't so bad. I only had a few moments of feeling like I was going to blow off the road, so that was good. The day job was long and busy, but what else is new these days? It was okay though. Monday's are always busy and my department is always quiet as a group. We check on each other throughout the day, but we never feel connected on a Monday.

That Man had to pick up K3 from work and take him to his car that had tire problems earlier. His friend had helped him out some during the day since he was off, and then That Man double-checked everything. Weird stuff going on with the kids car - tires all of the time lately. I had to stop and buy envelopes! Seriously! We had this major stockpile of envelopes from Mom's house. I have been using old Christmas card envelopes lately because I'm out. Anyway. Came home and did some household organizing - financially-wise. Forgot to buy freaking stamps! Geeze!

I didn't feel like eating. My stomach's been wonky all day. Though we did make some stuffed cabbage for dinner tomorrow night. I'm okay with that as long as my stomach feels better. It's not that it hurts or anything - just feels weird...

Plans are coming together for summer and fall though! I'm excited. We've got a few trips, a concert, and a Jeep weekend on the books so far. Excited!

That's all. I'm going to try to get some words down before I crash and burn...

Behave!


No comments: