Pages

Wednesday, June 01, 2022

Oof! Over a Week!

The silence was unintentional! Sorry about that!

Got home from retreat and immediately went into camp preparation mode! The camper needed cleaned and packed. The shopping needed to be done. I had grocery lists from both grandkids! 

The older two grands joined us this weekend for the Memorial Day camp out! We picked up Mr. B on Thursday. He spent the night and got to play with his neighbor friend for a while. Drove the camper into work on Friday with Mr. B and the dog. Worked less than half a day and then went to camp. During a tornado warning that just happened to hit while we were on the bridge over the river... in the RV... with the grandkid and the dog... Ha! Obviously we were fine, but I can't say that I wasn't nervous. 

It rained like heck, leaving our meadow a complete pile of mud. We waited to get our camper into its spot, and then miscalculated... And that left us buried in the mud with both sets of back tires. Oy! We were level though, so we left that as a Monday problem. Lots and lots of mud. Mr. B wore my mud boots for most of the rest of the day. The creek came up quick and looked like chocolate milk. 

But that was the last rain we had! Mr. B slept in his own tent for the first time ever and he did great! Picked up K5 on Saturday morning and then set up the "castle tent" for the two of them. They did great in their "home". I didn't fuss about the mess at all (and it was an ever loving mess if I've ever seen one. Ha!) It was also the first time K5 spent the night in a tent. I felt like I had a brain bleed on several occasions. ha! 

Sunday was the potluck picnic and it was awesome! My family came and it was great to hang out with them! Our bestest old neighbor friends came too with two of their grown adult children and their double set of twins grandkids. And one of the besties kids came with her child. Work friends came. It was so good! We had a blast talking to and catching up with everyone. My brother and sister-in-law and niece and her now old husband (ha!) and great-niece stayed for our little private fire and it was fun! My great niece is the absolute cutest! But man... we were exhausted. 

We all slept in on Monday. Some more than others, but it was good. I hadn't slept much Saturday night, so I needed that. So did the kids since they played in the creek all day when they weren't eating or getting injured. Ha! They had a blast!

Tuesday was my first baby boy's birthday. Umm... we're not going to talk about how old he is... ha! 

So now... this morning... I woke up without a voice. I mean I can talk, but I sound like I'm growling and it's hard for people to understand me. It got better during the day and now it's worse. The only thing I can think of besides the pollen and driving the Jeep for the last two days in the heavy pollen, is that I talked a lot this weekend and I literally screamed at my neighbor Monday night to stop setting off fireworks every two seconds. (it was bad. I mean... who sets off bottle rockets... into traffic...every five seconds at almost 10pm?) And when I say into traffic, that's what I mean. There is a traffic light less than 200 feet from his front porch. There is no green space. He was literally setting off the fireworks into the street. Which we're used to, because he's lived there for over 20 years and does it all of the time, but I just lost my shit and screamed at him to stop it because it was driving me insane. (I don't know if there will be retribution and I don't care. I am not scared of him and he thinks I should be. He has tried to intimidate me before and hell no...Ha!)

So that's my story of the past week... We have Jeep stuff coming up soon. But first we must tune up my Jeep and I need to fix the seat covers. I have a plan for that. 

Also we have a funeral this weekend. I didn't post about the first one, but That Man's aunt passed away about three weeks ago. We went to the funeral with That Sister. That Cousin was glad we'd come and we also caught up with the other cousin while there. Now... That Cousin's husband died. What kind of suck is that where you bury your mother and your husband within the same month? That's the worst! 

And that's all I have!

Behave!

No comments: