Friday, January 17, 2014
Feel Good Friday - The New Puppy Edition
She's adjusting pretty well - some moments of crying and being scared of everything, but for the most part she's making herself at home! She slept with K4 last night and did reasonably well. K4 said she woke about every hour - licked her face and then tried to find a comfy spot to sleep. We'd taken a blanket to her a few weeks ago so it'd smell like her momma and siblings when we brought her home. It seems to have been a good idea because she's dragging that blankie everywhere.
Potty training is going well. We had a teeny accident this morning, but that's it. She slept in her crate for a few minutes yesterday, but that's the only time she's been inside. I changed my plans today so I could be here with her. It's like having a newborn though. I'm not getting much done. She's very interested in my fingers as I type, but right now she's napping in the dining room. (I had to run the vacuum in the living room and it scared her into the dining room, where she crashed on her bed. I don't have the heart to wake her.)
So anyway... Here's the Feel Good Friday list...
1. See above. Obviously.
2. Release date on Monday!
3. Spending a lot of the day yesterday with K2. She went with me to pick up Elsa. It was really nice to just hang and talk.
4. Chinese food for dinner last night. It's been a while since we've had such a treat. It was so good and wonderful not to cook for a change.
5. Weekend plans - or lack thereof. We cleared our calendar so we would be home with Elsa. For the most part. We have a few errands to run, but no major plans. We'll have visitors at varying times - family and friends who want to meet Elsa and that's great!
6. Interviews and networking. My fingers are crossed!
7. Baby B. He came over to meet his new sibling last night. We want to make sure they're together as much as possible so Baby B isn't scared of her and Elsa is conditioned to a baby. Baby B was a riot. He would crawl away fast, look back and Elsa and make a noise like he wanted her to chase him. It won't be long until that happens. Baby B is so much fun. He gave me big sloppy kisses, spent a lot of time trying to figure out Pappy's beard and dumping cheerios on the living room floor (hence the vacuuming).
8. K2 coming over today for lunch. We've been trying to get together for weeks now. We'd planned lunch at the beginning of the week, and then this morning I bailed on her because of the puppy. Now she's bringing lunch over. Nice.
9. Dinner with the BFF's soon!
10. Even though I still have Christmas decorations to put away, I feel like I'm getting stuff done. That's a good thing.
That's all for now!