Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

So...I Last Posted 10 Days Ago...

Ten days ago, my Momma was alive.
Now she's not.
She was amazing over the weekend. Not sick. Not even a cramp.
I called her Monday morning and she said she wasn't feeling well. I checked in with her at lunch and she said she had really bad stomach cramps. That Man and I had a meeting for his Mom after work. She's not doing so hot right now either. Once we were done, we headed to Mom's to check in on her - maybe make her some supper and take care of stuff.
Only we ended up calling an ambulance.
She had emergency surgery in the early hours of Tuesday morning. She never woke. Her body couldn't fight off the toxins from the perforated bowel. We didn't even know she had a problem. Neither did she. By Wednesday, we had to make decisions.
And we had to watch our mother die.
I wasn't ready to let her go. I wasn't ready to be without my momma. I miss her so very very much.
We had her services on her birthday.
It's been a really long week...But I am grateful to this crazy family for sticking together and not wanting to leave each other...
I miss you, Momma.
Behave!

No comments: