Pages

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Weekend Check In

Yesterday's book signing was awesome!
The folks at Cupboard Maker books are incredible and so much fun! And they have cats! They help with a cat rescue and foster before adoption which is super cool. We had the cutest kitten walking across our table and then an older Siamese (not up for adoption) came to clean himself in the middle of the table. Ha! The other authors signing were great - one is a friend, and the other I'd never met before, but she was really nice and I enjoyed talking to her.
Anyway -
I went with 6 books and came home with one. You might not think that's significant, but it is for an unknown author with her first print book. So yeah, I'm super happy with it. We also came home with books. K3 & K4 went with me and were in heaven. It was fun having them along. Two of my writing friends came out to say hi, That Man brought his mom, and my sister came. It was so nice to have their support!
After the signing, the K's and I went to the grocery store. Woo hoo! :) Not my regular store, but the one K3 prefers. I don't have a problem with the store, except that it's always super busy and I don't know my way around at all. It took me twenty minutes to find a can of olives.
K1 and J were here working on the truck, so Mr. B (formerly known as Baby B, but he's not so much a baby anymore so now it's Mr.) and I made a taco feast and had a nice evening talking and laughing over B's antics. That kid is hysterical. I promised him we'd go see his latest love - monster trucks.
That Man was exhausted after the second day of making sure his mom was doing okay. There's only so much "Little House on the Prairie" and "Waltons" one son can endure.
Today is my work "picnic". I say "picnic" because we had to change to an indoor venue due to 90% chance of rain. I'm looking forward to it. I work with a great bunch of people and we have a lot of fun together both inside of work and outside of work when we get the chance. We're having it at a local "fun zone" - one of those places where you can bowl, play pool, and arcade games. Lunch is catered by a local restaurant that is affiliated with the place and it looks amazing. We have prizes and swag and it should be a great time.
Then... tomorrow starts the work week again. Ugh. All of the other kids in the area go back to school tomorrow. K4 has another week yet.
Okay. Time to write.
Behave!

No comments: