Pages

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Parade Tuesday!

Tonight was our towns annual parade! We weren't looking forward to it for various reasons. Mainly because this week is insane with early work mornings and many things going on. But I made the chili and did the parade preparations anyway.

Friends of all kinds came and it really was good. It was fun to watch Mr. B's face and see his excitement. It was fun to hang out with the kids, even the adopted ones. Ha! And the old neighbors. And the sister. And the family that's not really family, but is.

The chili was a hit. It's "garbage" chili - which just means I use all leftovers (appropriate ones) and it's different every time. I made the chili on Sunday. I made the vegan chili on Monday. I sent the vegan chili home with the vegans. They were happy. Sent leftovers home with whoever wanted.

We had said goodbye and then realized that some jerk pulled right behind our exit from the yard. Many visitors were parked in the yard and could not get out. We were ticked off in a way I can't describe. Talked to neighbors walking by who got ticked off for us. Just as I was ready to put a nasty note on their windshield a police officer cruised by. We told him the deal and he promptly wrote the guy a hefty ticket. I didn't get to see what happened when he saw the ticket, but he did leave about 15 minutes ago. Which is good because I was stressing over getting out of the yard in the morning. (It was hard enough to get into the yard after work...)

Now I'm waiting for laundry to be done so I can go to bed.

That is all...

Behave!

No comments: