Pages

Friday, February 28, 2020

Last Friday in February - Feel Good Style...

February seemed long, didn't it?

For the shortest month of the year, heck!

Tomorrow is Leap Day! I know a couple of people who have birthdays! One will finally be a double-digit midget.

Let's get to the list!

1. Getting trained on a whole bunch of new things at the day job this week and doing it all myself today! I can now do the feet inventory, process checks, and credit cards (I taught myself how to run the credit card machine). I think I might have screwed up a couple of things (I will find out Monday when the real accounts receivable manager comes back), but I think I did pretty well on my first solo run. My boss thought so...

2. Work baby shower! It turned out well. Our Controller is due in about 3 weeks. She's having a boy. She didn't expect a shower from us, but we did it anyway. She turned red and said we sucked, but was so grateful. Good food. She got good gifts including a bucket full of cash.

3. Making our reservations for our Jeep events. We have May and June reserved, including hotels. Though we may change the May hotel to a rental house depending on if my sister-in-law can get off work and if my old work buddy can make it. So much cheaper and closer to rent this house I found! So excited though!

4. Still waiting to get our camper back, but glad the roof seems to be a non-issue!

5. Remember how I told you that the new house owner next door decimated my flower beds in November? On my last day at the old job? Well... he also just put up a fence that spans 1/4 of our yard! This saves us a ton of money. Our plan is to totally fence in the yard. So now 1/4 is done, which is amazing! Someone did move in. We haven't met her yet, but she has the cutest pug. (I saw him through the un-curtained window last night. Curtains are up now.)

6. Watching my boys tomorrow while K1 & J move - one building down and up one floor. I'm glad to not have to lift heavy boxes, but K1 has made me nervous about Baby B's new skills and abilities. Nothing will be safe and I am pretty much on my own. That Man is working the second job all day tomorrow. K3 and K4 are helping with the move. It'll be fine. I will have Mr. B to help me and the house will be baby proofed before I return with them.

7. The rest of the weekend plans. Some involve heavy lifting. Some involved organization. Some involved hilarity. I hope it turns out good.

8. Oh and I get to sleep in just a tiny bit tomorrow!

9. Writing the words! I did relatively decent with the word count this week. Not great, but at least something.

10. Having a relaxing evening with That Man. The kid is gone for the night, so we're chilling and watching "Better Call Saul". We had no dinner because we had so much food at lunch. I thought about ordering a sub, but probably not now.... Ha!

That is all!

Behave!

No comments: