Pages

Sunday, March 08, 2020

Oh Hey! It's March!

Not much new has happened this past week...

The reservations for the May Jeep event were changed. The house wasn't available, so we opted for hotel rooms. Separate ones so my sister-in-law doesn't die from all of the snoring. Ha! Our buddy is booking at the same hotel, so it should be a lot fun! And we're about five minutes from the venue which is awesome! Last year we were twenty minutes away and we paid more for the hotel! I know my brother and our buddy will get along awesomely. Our friend is almost like a son to us (in fact, he was our son's friend back in the way back days, which is weird, but awesome too.)

Our future daughter-in-law's birthday. They came for dinner last night. It was a kind of surprise for her. We had spaghetti and fantastic bread and a fire outside. It was nice to play games and talk. K3 made her an awesome cake. It turned out to be a good night. I know she's not used to our weird family dynamic, but I think she's getting used to our sense of humor! lol!

Writing all of the words! Well, not all of them because that wouldn't be nice. But writing my own words! I did very well last week and I hope to do the same this week.

Writing meeting on Saturday. First, I had breakfast with a friend which was awesome and much needed. I am at a crucial point in deciding whether or not to renew with the national chapter. There's been a lot of terrible things going on at the national level. Things I'm not sure can be fixed on the current course. Things I am so against and appalled by. I've been watching since December and nothing really has changed. We have a special election coming up since 99% of the board resigned, but honestly, the people now running are really no different than the folks we've had in the past. I've been trying to gauge what the national level does for me at this point in my career and I can't say it's much. The rub is that I can't be a part of my local chapter without belonging to national, and that's going to hurt. I have about a month to decide...

We did a lot of yard work this weekend. Many trips to the yard waste recycle center. A bunch of garbage bags. We're making progress. And we are tired. We also made some awesome grilled chicken and potatoes for dinner tonight. And I made some awesome queso. The house is clean and the laundry is 90% done (K4 had the washing machine all day today).

Tomorrow is back to the grind. I am on the phones all day tomorrow, which is fine. It breaks up my week, even though I have to run around for a good part of the morning to get my second check run done. Things are slow right now, so it's all good.

And that is all...

Behave!


No comments: