Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Crazy Times!

Hope you're all doing okay!

It's stressful. I know as much as I say and do really believe that everything is going to be okay and this is what we need to do to "flatten the curve", I'm still in a state of shock!

I didn't sleep well last night at all. I'm sure no one is sleeping well these days.

We're home to get set up to potentially work from home. They had fast-tracked it to yesterday, but there was something wrong with our server and it had to be switched to today. We've been home for over an hour waiting for IT to call. My huge-assed printer is setting on my dining room table so I can test it. Then I have to drag it back to work tomorrow. Then back home on Thursday since we're doing a test work from home day. It is what it is. That Man is probably going to have to go in a few times a week (if possible), even if we do work at home, so we'll see how this is going to work out.

One thing I wonder is how on earth people can afford to buy as much stuff as they've been buying? That Man says they can't, but they don't care right now. He's probably right.

K4 is off for the next two weeks, given her business-type is one of the ones the governor wanted closed. She's freaking out a little, but can sign up for unemployment, which is good.

My struggle is that I write that kind of thing that's happening currently. It's hard to put the words on the page and then realize that the current world isn't much different. My current work in progress is about an unknown illness that wipes out a lot of people. I don't have a safe place anymore. So I'm thinking of writing something much lighter for the next little bit.  I just need to figure out what that is. Then I will be able to have writing as my safe place. But who knows. Maybe this current situation will help me with my work in progress.

I think that's it. Check in with your elderly family and neighbors. Don't buy all of the toilet paper or meat. Other people need to eat too and the grocery stores are still open.

For now, we're still going to the day job. The office is pretty well isolated and the field guys are as well. We have a few at risk people in the office, so that's a concern. But we're working on a plan for them. And all of us.

Behave and stay safe!

No comments: