Pages

Saturday, March 21, 2020

Well... How Are Y'all?

I hope good. I know it's rough and it sucks, but we are going to be okay.

We're hanging in there!

It is weird that there's not much traffic at all. The cars going by outside are less than they are on major holidays. When we picked up our camper, we were the only vehicles on the road. That's good. Stay Home people, or else we will be absolutely stuck at home!

We do need dog and cat food. If we don't procure some soon, they will eat us, I am sure! The grocery store had none yesterday. Neither did the big box store. So... We'll probably venture out tomorrow or Monday to see if we can feed our beasts!

We're both working from home now. At least for this week coming up. After that, we're probably both on unemployment, though That Man might get called back since they updated the mandates on essential services.

We did go to pick up our camper this morning. Came home and started ripping out flooring. It's an ungodly mess and will need some creative solutions, but it can be done. That Man replaced the screens in the vents, so that's a plus. The actual units were fine, but the bug screens were damaged. We happened to have a roll of screening and some good glue, so that's a done deal now. Saved us about $60 x 3 to replace the vents. We just need to replace the air conditioner vent. It's in super terrible shape, plus someone drew a penis inside of it... Ha! We should have enough primer and paint to begin painting the cabinets once it gets a little warmer, so that's a bonus. It's nice to have the camper home, because just looking at it gives me hope.

I am not writing. I will again very soon. Probably tomorrow. I think I have my head in the right place now, so that's a bonus. I guess.

I cooked a lot today. I made brownies. I made cheesy jalapeno cornbread. I made some weird concoction of cuban beans, cumin, onions, potatoes, and chicken broth. The whole meal cost less than $5 and it fed 3 people. So much food that we didn't make dinner tonight. That's a bonus, right?

I also took a nap. I don't know what I did, but my lower back and hips are hurting a lot. I was on my knees in the camper for a while, and then I had to be done. After I made lunch, I crashed on the couch for a little while.

Now we are watching a movie and chilling on the couch.

That's all I have at the moment!

Behave and Be Safe!


No comments: