Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Working From Home Survival Journal: Day Two

My coworkers are strange.

One hovers over us like she's afraid we're going to vanish. One could not care less about us. She wanders around, throwing up on random parts of the floor, and then sleeps. Two are always in our space - sitting in boxes, stealing pens, getting hair on stuff. The other is a mix between the rest, except the puking part.

Any movement away from our temporary work space causes alarm and panic. And following. It's like having toddlers in the house again. You use the bathroom and there are body parts reaching under the door for you.

Our spawn human coworker is fine. She appears every so often for coffee and sustenance, but rarely comes to communicate during our working hours. That's a good coworker right there.

The coworker I share office space with (i.e. the dining room table), is kinda crazy. He talks to himself an awful lot and if the light flickers a bit he starts muttering. Mostly he leaves me be, too. Though I'm sure he will say I talk to myself an awful lot as well. He has to be on the phone at times, so I try my best not to be annoying with my scanning and self-discussion.

We take feast together mid-day. He's pretty cute, so, who knows... We talk about pretty much everything and he makes me laugh. I know it's taboo to get involved with someone from the office, but...

Ha!

That's all!

Behave!






No comments: