Pages

Sunday, August 09, 2020

Weekend Wrap Up

Sunday is still the same mix of sorrow and joy, so that hasn't changed since the pandemic happened. That Man has to go to the office tomorrow. I have to start my day super early. 

So let's wrap up the weekend, shall we? 

Saturday - 

Absolutely zero sleeping in. In fact, we both woke up super early and proceeded to torment the other much to the annoyance of the dog. She was not happy with our shenanigans at all. 

Got up. Coffee. Porch decisions. Waiting for the guy to come and look at K4's car. 

He was late. Had other interest in the car in the meantime. He finally showed. The money was paid, the title was transferred, and the car was gone before 10am. Whoot! 

That Man primed the porch. I went to do the grocery thing. We waited for the primer to dry, then hit the porch with the first coat of paint. Yeehaw! Neither of us were sure about the color. That Man still isn't sure, but I love it now. It dried darker than it went on, and now that the sides of the porch are also painted, it looks awesome. We have some more work to do - the valance, the landscaping, etc... So hopefully by this time next weekend we will be done. I hope. 

Signed my contract. Finished my edits and sent them off for critique. 

We cooked awesome chicken on the grill. Had a fire in the backyard. Talked to a friend I never get to talk to anymore. 

It was a busy, but good day.

Today - 

Slept in a tiny bit. 

Made an absolutely insane amount of zucchini bread. I mean an insane amount. My recipe called for 2 cups of zucchini for 2 loaves. of bread I ended up with 8 cups of zucchini. Yes. 8 loaves is what I mixed up. One is gone already. We were all dying for it and pretty much devoured the first loaf that came out of the oven. 

That Man is taking one to work tomorrow. We also put a bunch of batter in a foil pan and made a "cake". In addition to that, I have four full loaves. (that's 6, plus the huge cake pan) I wish I would have picked up the smaller foil loaf pans when I was out earlier. But... next time. I was so excited that K4's best friend's mom sent the zucchini home for me! I think I lost my head for a minute! Ha! 

We put the second coat of paint on the porch. Whoo!

That Man did some work on his car.

Made some awesome burgers for dinner. Laundry... blah, blah, blah...

Talked to K1 for a while. The boys are coming over on Wednesday. So excited! 

It's hot again. I hate it. It's decent in the house, but since the oven has been on most all day to bake the zucchini bread it's not as nice as it should be. Still better than being outside though. 

That's all I have for now!

Behave!

No comments: