Pages

Monday, November 28, 2022

Gone Too Long

Yeah, I know... what else is new? I seem to always be missing... I'm trying to keep up. I swear. 

So what's been going on? 

1. Our youngest son got married. It was a beautiful day and they did a fantastic job with their decorations and the ceremony. They sang to each other during the ceremony and it was amazing. I will admit that this momma cried several times. They both looked fantastic in their wedding clothes. The bride was absolutely gorgeous. 

2. The funeral was as nice as a funeral can be. It's a hell of a way to see people you haven't seen in a while. The work place is adjusting, but he'd pulled away from actively running things a while ago so the transition has been mostly easy. 

3. Thanksgiving was nice. We had a good time and good food. Both of us had to work on Friday so we were home at a decent time and in bed early. 

4. We've been running around so much. And we're freaking exhausted. This weekend we did not much of anything. Yeah, we did the usual stuff like laundry and cleaning up after ourselves, but nothing more. (not like the extreme leaf raking we did last weekend) We both took naps--many naps. And we made food. We only left the house to go to the grocery store once. I slept in both days and it was glorious. 

5. We'll start getting Christmas decorations out this coming week. I have no idea when we'll get our tree. Our weekends are all booked. And there was talk of an Ugly Sweater party, but I have no idea how we can fit that in, so I think it's going to be a no go this year, which is sad because it's been a hot minute since we've had one.  

That doesn't look like much of a list as far as not getting on here goes, but there's, of course, far more that I don't/can't share. Lots. 

I will say I'm looking forward to Christmas. I think. My brain is turning with ideas and things I need to do/take care of. It's not going to be a big and fancy day for sure, but it should be fun. 

That's about it...

Behave!

No comments: