Natalie tagged me.
Here are the rules:
1. Go to this link at Pop Culture Madness (scroll down - see the list of years on the left?)
2. Pick the year you turned 18
3. Pick five songs from that year
4. Wax nostalgic about each song and why it’s special
5. Pass it on to 5 more friends
Ha! Okay, I'm going to do it, but I have to tell you up front that I suck at song titles and artists. I can remember the tune, but that's about it. But...Here goes:
1. We Built This City by Jefferson Starship
I remember this song because they played it so darn much. Wasn't a favorite. At all. I would, and still do, change the channel if it comes on.
2. Born In The U.S.A. by Bruce Springsteen
Do I need to say anymore? That was like the theme of the year, and for several years after 1985.
3. Everyday by James Taylor
I love James Taylor.
4. Small Town by John Cougar Mellencamp
This is one I probably know all the words too. I'm not sure what that says about me, except I loved me some John Cougar. I think I even had the cassette.
5. Can't Fight This Feeling By REO Speedwagon
Yes, I saved this for last. As soon as I saw this listed I knew I had to put it up. Okay, I'll admit back then I loved the song. Now, it just makes me giggle. Except when Dean Winchester sings it.
Actually, I was amazed at how many songs I know on my list.
Time for tagging: Ami, Jo and...(Okay, the others I would tag have either already been, or wouldn't do this even if I did tag them.)