Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Retreat!! Day Two!

I know it's now day three, but I will catch up!
Retreat Day Two was fantastic!
I started off the day by eating too much breakfast. Took a walk, ending up in the deep dark woods with soaking wet shoes. Back to the room to take care of some regular life duties, then hit the new book.
Zombies.
Did I ever tell you how much I hate zombies? Hate with a fiery passion that borders on love? So, yeah, I've had this idea for a while now and it just won't get out of my head. So I'm writing the zombie book. And I am loving it!
I made major word count progress, won the race to 1,000 word challenge, and am feeling pretty good about where this book is going. Our cocktail party was a success with lots of laughter, wine drinking, and kibitzing about everything from books, to our wips, to life in general. It was a really good way to get to know each other.
I crashed earlier than normal and woke this morning with almost a solid eight hours of sleep in me.
...and I will blog Retreat Day Three later on today when I have more to report.
Also...since I missed blogging yesterday...
Happy Birthday to my momma!! (I tried to call you twice!)
Behave!

No comments: