Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Still Freaking Out...

So...
I woke up yesterday morning after a very sleepless night and prepared myself to go to my local cell store. I arrived... what I thought was only 20 minutes early... and since I'd confiscated that man's cell, discussed plans for the evening with my mom. When the hour hit, I got out and went to the door... only to realize I'd misread the hours and had another hour to wait... Not happening, so I went home. (only a few miles away)
Obviously, I went back. Too early again, but I was waiting at the door when they unlocked. The tech was completely sympathetic to my crisis, but all he could do was confirm my phone was very dead. He gave me some advice and said... "Welcome to the Hell of iphone ownership."
He wasn't lying.
When I got home, I called the number to make an appointment at the Apple store. The woman who answered did not listen to me and tried to tell me I had to pay either $200. or $69.95 to get a replacement. I said no. My phone is under warranty. I haven't had it that long. I finally told her to just make me an appointment at the Apple store and to stop talking. She apologized and made the appointment.
So, I drive nearly an hour away - leaving early in case I got lost - and finally arrived at this geek girl's dream. I love the Apple store. I would live there. They were very nice and helpful to everyone around me. People left smiling. Then it was my turn. The tech was awesome and nice and did everything he could, but, honestly, it was not enough. I left in tears, without a replacement phone and feeling like I had no options. Oh, it's on order and will arrive in 5 to 7 days... Yeah. Really? That sucks hard. I even offered to accept a lesser phone, but they had none of those in stock either. (I didn't have to pay anything.) I don't understand why I can't exchange it at my cell providers store and walk out with a working phone.
I walked to the store for my cell company and explained my situation. I love my cell phone provider. The guy was helpful and nice and hooked me up with a cheapy toy phone for a few bucks.
This "temporary" phone sucks butt. It doesn't even have voice mail. I don't like it. At all. But at least I have a phone and can text...
The thing is, I am still very much in love with my iPhone. I feel as if I am missing an arm or leg. I'm nervous and shaky... I know that doesn't bode well for my dependence on the thing and maybe being forced to be without it will turn out to be a good thing. (But I doubt it)
I know. I know. I'll survive. Maybe.
Behave!

No comments: