Pages

Sunday, November 13, 2016

Gearing Up...

It's that time of year again...
Thanksgiving is in a little less than two weeks.
Then we start the Christmas craziness.
I'm not sure how I feel about that.
December is going to start with a bang. I have two parties the first weekend, one that requires me to do a lot of preparations, in addition to prepping for the party during the day. Oy. Don't know why I did that to myself. Wait. Yes, I do. I had to fit it into everyone's schedule. The following weekend, we are hopefully hitting the road for our thirtieth anniversary, but that will depend on a few things we need to figure out first. Then it's my work Christmas party, which is always a blast.
Then the day.
It's going to fly by.
I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for all that needs to be accomplished and scheduled. Luckily, I  never put my Christmas dishes away last year. They are still in my hutch. (yeah, I know. Lame, but it is what it is. At least they were safe!) I did bring home some decorations from my folks, but I'm still sorely light on tree swag. I don't know how crazy I'll get with the rest of the decorating. We'll see. Time will play a huge factor in that.
Neither of my kids still at home want much. K4 said she didn't really have a list. That's scary and good at the same time. Of course, she'll be 17 on Christmas, so there's that.
I'm getting old, people.
I'll do Christmas Eve. I'd been asking Mom to let me take it on since it was becoming too much for her in the previous years. She wasn't ready to give it up because she loved it so, but now it's mine by default. I'm not sure if my brother is going to make our traditional soup or not - haven't talked to him about it yet. It's a few hours of utter chaos, but still good. Luckily, the holiday falls over the weekend this year, which should give me plenty of prep time. Not like last year when it was Friday and I had to work a full day.
Hmm... Now my head is full of holiday stuff.
I'm out. Going to Lady Jane's Salon to hear one of my cohorts read and I have an hour until my ride gets here and I need to shower and dress. I'm a little nervous about going since I've never been. I've been so out of the writing world loop for so long... I'm pushing back in though, and that has to count for something. Right?
Behave!

No comments: