Pages

Sunday, April 16, 2017

Since Tuesday? Say What?

I can't believe I missed posting the rest of the week!

So... It was my birthday on Friday. A big one. My coworkers filled my cubicle with play balls, caution tape, and the like. It was hysterical. That Man brought coffee and doughnuts in for everyone, and brought balloons to further fill my cube. (He's a keeper and is the new office favorite.) My lunch was bought for me (and was so good),

Came home to a quiet house, paid the bills, and sat on the patio in the sun. That Man came home and we ordered food, built a fire outside, and hung out. Very awesome. My sister and brother-in-law stopped by and I received many messages from friends and family!

Slept in a little Saturday morning, then a low-key morning. Did the grocery shopping and got the gear, food, and stuff ready for going to my sister's. That Man, his sister and I helped at the religious place and then we headed up to The Wilds. After we got things unloaded and organized, we headed down the road to hear a bank a friend of my b-i-l's was doing sound for. It was an "interesting" half hour. The band was "okay", the crowd was definitely interesting.

Up early this morning to get food going and stuff ready. We had a small-ish crowd this year, but everything was excellent - the food, the company, and definitely the laughter. Mr. B was funny and so busy all day. We had four dogs running around who all got along, which was cool. We had the top down on the Jeep. It was an absolutely gorgeous day. I don't think there was a single one of us who didn't get some sun.

Now we're still full and exhausted. Doing laundry. I did my words and ended up with way more than I expected. Bedtime will be very soon and then the work week starts once more. Joy.

But it was a very excellent weekend and I am very grateful.

Behave!

No comments: