Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Deep Into September!

Well, here we are on the first day of Autumn. Sorry for the radio silence. I don't really have an excuse, except for the break from social media. 

I do appreciate the cooler temps. In fact, the last few days have been amazing! It's been pretty danged chilly in the mornings. I'm wearing socks now. Well, not right at this moment though my feet are pretty cold, but I start the day with them. Ha!

We did get our front fence done over the weekend. It's pretty much the exact fence we had before, but new. It looks good, despite the slight wave in it and the variations in stain color. That's not a bad thing. The tree is trimmed out front and the huge weeds and the brace to keep it from falling down are gone. Also, the junk on the yard side of the fence is now gone, which is awesome. 

Our curb appeal is looking pretty good these days, which was our goal. And in the back, the old wooden swing set is partially down, but much of it repurposed into the fence. The yard looks bigger. And better. 

That's a strange thing. That swing set that our kids played on for years (and I mean years) is gone. Tons of neighbor kids, nieces, nephews, and friends played on that swing. Grandkids. It was a ton of nostalgia. Then, K3 stopped by and barely noticed. K4 came home from work and barely noticed. Same with K1 when he stopped over to grab some stuff. Though all of them said the yard looked bigger. I guess the nostalgia was just That Man and I. 

I have been editing and critiquing. I finished the book that didn't seem like it would ever end and then took a break. But I have critiqued a ton of stuff for friends, and edited my own stuff. (Not the book I just finished. Ha! That needs to sit for a while longer.) I have one more critique to do and then I will write a short story. I think. I'm not super sure what I'm doing next. 

Same old, same old around here though. 

Behave! 

No comments: