Pages

Saturday, September 26, 2020

Feel Good Friday...on Saturday

 I know it's not even 9pm, but I am ready for bed! 

Our day has been pretty busy. Since the fence is done and it was raining this morning, we tackled the other half of K4's room. It's been needing done for a while. She's running out of space and has a grand plan for the room. 

First thing was jenga-style stacking the contents of the space into the storage closet. A lot of it belongs to K1 & J, but they don't have room for it right now. (Neither do we, but whatever...) Then it was wall repair and a trip to the home improvement store for supplies. 

We started the walls when we got back. Got about 1/3 done before we decided to call it a day. What a pain! We're dealing with a sloped roof and many angles, so it's extra cutting and finagling. And frustration. We'll be back up there tomorrow and hopefully, maybe, hopefully, get the first coat of paint on the floor before quitting time. We shall see though. I am far more optimistic than realistic! Ha! 

We cleaned up our wall mess, showered, and ordered delivery from one of the restaurants we stopped at a lot before the pandemic happened. I miss fresh fries. And fresh onion rings. It was still really good and we didn't have to cook, so there's that! 

I am digging the grocery delivery thing. I know way back in the day I constantly talked about how awesome it would be if the groceries were delivered. It is as awesome as I had always hoped! I just scheduled a delivery for tomorrow, which means I don't have to go to the store instead of working on the room. Having the bags dropped at the door is way better than all of that work you have to do at the actual grocery store! 

Also, just this week I received a contract for the second book that was with my old publisher. WooHoo! That one took quite a bit more editing than the first one. But I still love that story. Now I need to figure out what I'm doing next. I am caught up on critiques and just have to change the hero's name in the first book I contracted (it's the same as Sector One. Ha!). I'm having trouble deciding what to work on next. Sector Two needs to sit a bit before I tackle edits. 

That is all! I'm going to bed now! 

Behave! 


No comments: