Pages

Thursday, October 29, 2020

Trick or Treat...

Tonight was Trick or Treat in our town. 

The borough left it up to each homeowner/resident on participation. 

We decided to turn on our porch light. 

It was a great decision. 

It's cold. It's rainy, though the rain held off for most of the time. I ended up wrapped in a blanket on the front porch and I'm still cold. 

But the kids were so cute! We ended up with a much, much smaller crowd than usual, but it was still fun. Everyone was respectful. Some wore masks, some didn't. It didn't matter. Kids don't know. We were giving doubles and we still have 2/3's of the candy we started with. 

Parents thanked us for keeping it normal for the kids, which was our intent. 

I have to say I totally miss years past though. Having a crowd using our house as home base. Making food for the crowd. Having a bunch of people on the porch handing out candy and interacting with the trick or treaters.  

This year would have been a lot more fun with the crowd on our new front porch, but whatever. Next year will be totally epic. I decree it! 

Other than that... I've spoken to all of my siblings over the past twenty-four hours and we had great conversations. I miss them. We will be making plans to get together soon. 

And I did manage to write tonight. 

Tomorrow is Friday. That's a good thing. I have a busy morning, but I need to go to the office after that. Which is good and fine. 

That is all. 

Behave! 

No comments: