Pages

Sunday, October 04, 2020

Weekend Wrap Up...

 Well, that weekend went super fast!

I got a lot of things done on my list, but not everything I'd hoped for. 

1. The room - That Man is working on shelving. We're kind of at a stand still until the new bed she ordered arrives. And the rug she ordered. We have to finish the shelving (which will be part of her new headboard), paint the edges of the floor, and then... wait some more. The bed is due to arrive this week. The rug next week. But it is coming along. I did get the painting done last week. It's a different schedule, but we discovered some areas on the floor that we're not going to be able to paint over - hence the rug. 

2. Writing - I am digging this new story. K3 stopped by yesterday and we brainstormed a little, which was awesome. I didn't get anything done Friday or Saturday, but I'm heading there soon. 

3. Mr. B - I picked him up Friday after work. He needed a break from little Mr. B. (Who is super, super cute and funny, but very, very active) We had spaghetti with K3 & A, and watched Toy Story 4. It was an awesome evening. I woke up at 4 to use the little girls room and without making any noise, stuck my head into the guest room to check on him since his mom said he's been having trouble sleeping. I found him wide awake. Ugh. I told him he had to try to go back to sleep, but he said he had been trying and it wasn't working. So... We went downstairs and put a movie on. I expected him to go back to sleep, but no dice. We had a blast on Saturday though. He helped Pappy with the Jeep's oil change and helped me clean the porch. We played, cooked, and talked. He got to see his Rah-rah and Dee-dee, too. He's an awesome kid! 

4. Speaking of the Jeep. I had to sit in a super long line of traffic on my way to pick up B. My brake light came on, but I didn't think anything of it. The lights go on and off at random times anyway. As That Man was changing the oil, he realized that the brake line was leaking. Oh, not just leaking - spraying fluid every time you step on the brakes. Apparently, the line let go. Awesome. Not. So, now that will go to the shop to get fixed. 

5. And then, it will be That Man's car. He went to leave for the office on Friday and his car wouldn't start and gave him a "death" light on the dash. He checked it out Saturday morning only to find that his radiator tank is filled with oil & sludge. That's not right. No. Really. It's not. Ha! We don't know what that means at this point. It could be fixable, but it could also be the death of his VW. I really can't deal with anymore car issues. We just had our new car in the shop for an issue with the back brakes and I feel like all we've done for the last few months is pay for one car issue after another. Ugh. 

6. I spent a lot of time today bringing in my plants. I have all but the huge asparagus fern indoors. My office is filled. The guest room has a hanging basket. The rosemary is in the dining room. There are two small hanging plants in the bathroom. But that asparagus fern is a quandary. It's probably four feet long and super wide. It literally takes up a quarter of the back porch. I have somewhat of an idea of where I'm putting it, but it's so heavy and unwieldy that I can't quite do it alone. That Man and I should get it in tonight though. 

That's all I have....

Behave!

 

No comments: