Pages

Tuesday, February 09, 2021

10 Days!

Holy crap! I didn't mean for ten days to pass between postings!

So we got about 8" of snow. I think. It was nice. I never made it to the office, but that's okay. 

Thursday was That Man's birthday. I surprised him with a long weekend trip to a little cabin along a creek about forty minutes from our house. We've never been there before and it was super nice. We left Thursday afternoon after our host let us know we were good to check in earlier than planned. 

It was the cutest, most cozy, little cabin! It had a loft that I never went up in thanks to a straight up ladder that threatened me when I considered it. Ha! Big comfy bed (on the main floor). Big awesome tub. Efficient kitchen and comfy sitting places. A fire pit that we didn't get to use this time. There was a huge deck that overlooked the creek, which was beautiful. 

I made him stir fry for his birthday dinner, complete with eggrolls, and cheesecake with a candle for his birthday. There was a sweet grill on the porch so we ran to the store on Friday for steaks. That was an amazing meal. 

We watched movies, napped, ate good food, read, I wrote, we walked the trails, talked, and soaked in the tub. It was a beautiful weekend. Especially since we woke up Sunday to snow. It was beautiful to watch the snow on the creek. We sat out on the deck with our coffee for a long time. Until it was time to clean up and head for home. It was a really awesome weekend!

Sunday K3 and A came over to pick up some boxes and have dinner. We had a nice time talking and making food. They will be staying here for about two weeks while they wait for their new apartment to be ready. It just makes financial sense for them not to have to pay a full months rent and a half months rent. 

Then back to the grind. I did make it to the office on Monday and got my office packed up and ready for the new office flooring. We have more snow in the forecast, though no one seems to know when or how much. 

I guess we'll see...

Behave!

No comments: