Pages

Friday, March 19, 2021

Scam Callers...

Lordy! 

The past twenty-four hours have been horrible with scam callers on my personal phone! 

It's always the same call - Amazon saying that there's a charge of seven-hundred and something made in Dayton, Ohio and they need to know if I made the purchase. 

Like sixty-five thousand times. 

Okay. So I exaggerate, but it was a lot of calls. I put my phone on do not disturb last night and still got like three calls. It started again today right before lunch. 

I told them last night to remove my number and stop calling me. 

Ha! Obviously that didn't work. 

Today, I was told that the rep would need to access my computer or cell phone to remove the fraudulent charge. I said I don't think that's how it works and he assured me it was. I told him to stop calling me and that their calls were harassing. I also told him he should be ashamed of himself for trying to scam people. 

Seven minutes later, they called again. And then again in another seven minutes. 

I informed them that I was going to the police because of their calls and they'd better remove me from the list. This was after the guy wanted to know what kind of phone I had and tried to make me say that I had made the purchase, and condescendingly asked me if I'd shared my log in information with anyone. Again, I told them to remove my number and stop calling me and I might have said a few bad words. 

The last time they called, which blessedly has been a few hours ago, I asked the rep if he could see the number that was called. He confirmed he could. I told him to make sure he removed it from their system and to stop calling me. Except there was a lot of profanity involved and yelling. 

I've had it! There's no way to block the numbers because they are different every single time. You can hear people in the background saying the same thing the rep was saying to me to other people. 

I don't understand it. I am still angry about it. I mean, if it's really stopped. It could start up again at the same time it did last night. Then what do I do? It's not like I have enough information to actually file a harassment complaint. Though I do have a plan if it starts up again. 

Frustrating! 

But it is Friday, which is a good thing. 

That is all...

Behave! 

No comments: