Pages

Monday, August 14, 2023

Catching Up...

Yeah, I suck, but I had good reasons!

This was going to be a Moaning Monday post about my aching body, but since there was nothing leading up to it, we'll get to that in a minute. 

So here's what's going on...

1. Life After released! If you bought it, thank you so much! I appreciate it! If you're so inclined, a review on Amazon would be so helpful! And if you bought it on Kindle Unlimited, just know, I only get paid per pages read. (I only mention that because I've talked to several people recently who had no idea that's how it works.)

2. The fence is 99% up! Last week was brutal with fence work every single night, late dinners, and not much else done. Hence the hurting body, multiple bruises, blisters, and scratches. The only thing left is some trim work, and one more solar post light. (Because apparently we can't count) It is awesome and I love it. Our backyard feels like a little oasis. Especially since...

3. We managed to get a great deal weeded yesterday and rearranged a bunch of stuff. I don't ever remember weeds growing this fast before. 

4. I found a glass-topped table in the neighbor's trash. No cracked or broken glass, just some rust. Brought it into the yard, cleaned it up, painted it, and it's amazing. I love it. Granted, it won't last too long, but that's okay. It has another chance at life and my solar lights look amazing on it. 

5. That Man's family reunion was good. We had a smaller crowd, but it was still really good. Good food, lots of laughs, and good conversation. Our niece and nephew are a lot of fun to hang out with, and the littles are adorable. And it was a gorgeous day. 

6. When everyone left and we finally got cleaned up, it was just That Man and I overnight at our creek. It was lovely to sit by the fire and the creek just the two of us. We were in bed early and slept really well thanks to an epic thunderstorm. 

7. Home early. See #2. Weeding... all of the weeds...also hence the hurting body.

This week should be calmer. Let's hope. 

That is all! 

Behave! 

No comments: