Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Changing Seasons

Nope, not some deep post about change and life.

I love Fall. The colors, the smell, the chill in the air - I love burning pumpkin spice candles and making cookies and chili. And Halloween - I love Halloween. I could go on but I think you get the picture. For me, Fall fills me with a sense of peace. I don't know why. It just does.

You will all think I'm crazy but I love Winter too. Wait - let me clarify. I hate being cold. I love snow. Snowstorms are my absolute favorite. When everyone else goes to the store to buy toilet paper, milk and bread, I hit the snack aisle. I love watching the snow pile up, making snow forts and snowmen, and following the storm on The Weather Channel. I love staying up late and watching Lord of the Rings for the millionth time while peeking out the window at the white flakes falling down. Add a Christmas tree to the scene and I don't think life could get any better. Yeah. I know. It's weird but there's just something about being snowed in. I hope for piles and piles of snow this winter.

Sure, my opinion is bound to change by February. It always does but I always start Winter looking forward to the snow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I actually like snow, too. Especially when all I have to do is make a mug of hot chocolate, snuggle under a cozy blanket and read a good book while the white flakes fall. Speaking of good books, would you please hurry up and finish the WIP? Some of us would like to read it!