Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

Two 'fer Friday... Things...

You're going to get two posts tonight... back to back... because I have a lot on my mind and because I can... This post, and then, Feel Good Friday...
Are you ready?
Things...
1. If a hypnotist can fix your addiction to food, and your addiction to nicotine, then why don't other addicts use hypnotism to cure their addictions? Why can't criminals be hypnotized to cure their criminal intent? I am still thinking about this... I know there are a lot of variables...
2. In the same vein... Do fortune tellers know you're coming when you don't make an appointment? Why don't they win the lottery? Is there some kind of secret code of fortune tellers that forbids picking the winning numbers no one else knows about? But, surely, not every mystic follows that creed?  
3. Passive-aggressive behavior breeds passive-aggressive behavior. I have seen it. I have responded to it with my own passive-aggressive response in the past. And I don't like it. I don't like how responding in kind makes me feel (because it's really stupid to respond) and I don't like reading things that are such. I have recently read some things on social media that turn my stomach because they are that mean. I always wonder if the person posting knows, I mean really knows, both sides of the story or if they're going off of one side of the story / gut instinct / protection mode. It's like watching a train wreck...
4. Something else I have learned is that when a passive-aggressive post is viewed, people instantly think it's about them. The truth to that is, if you think it's about you, even if it's not, maybe you have some guilt somewhere? I know I've responded / thought "oh crap, is that me?". It's a sucky feeling. But... maybe that's the good to it? Those kinds of posts remind us to try to be the best person we are capable of, and if we still are failures, then we can at least be comforted by knowing we have tried to do the best we can. Keep it real, people.
5. Stress... We all have it. We all respond to it differently. I'm not sure how I'm responding. It's different these days than in the past, but my circumstances are also different. My goal is to cope in healthy ways and if I can do that I will be buff and fit in no time at all. HA! (I am finding great joy in hacking at the ice, which has to say something positive as far as a physical response to stress) Or I will spend my days watching reality TV and only going outside to take the puppy out! (not going to happen... just saying... I hope...)
6. I saw this great quote the other day...and I've been thinking about it a lot. I can't find the danged thing now, but it was something referring to lifelong friends and how grudges aren't held or relationships aren't questioned when it's been ages since they've talked. About how true friends always understand life is busy, but they know, regardless, that you will always love them. It reminded me of one of my oldest friends, Susie, who passed away over 3 years ago. That's how we were. We were friends since high school and into married life. We always had the best time together and managed to catch up so quickly when it had been a while that it was like no time had passed. She took care of me, and I took care of her. We cried together. We laughed together. We were strong together. I will never forget her bringing us dinner after K4 was born, and making sure she made all of the K's feel special with treats for them. She even took out my trash. And she held my baby so I could shower and spend time with the older K's. I did the same for her when her youngest was born. She helped us move into our house and organized my kitchen in such a way that I haven't changed much since because it works. She was the one who gave me a baby shower when most people said I didn't need one with a fourth child. And she made sure to pamper me as well as my baby. We both made mistakes towards her end, but it didn't matter. At all. She forgave me and I forgave her. The time that had passed didn't change my love for her, or hers for me. I still miss her a whole lot and wish I could call her to talk.
6. Cabin Fever is an absolute true ailment. I have been suffering from it, but I think I'm almost okay now. Maybe. After being away from the house nearly all day, I feel better than I did. I took the puppy to the vet, had lunch with my husband, went grocery shopping and took my time (and saved almost $20 in coupons), organized the grocery haul when I got home, went through my "to do folder" (yes, it's a real folder now and not just a list!), and spent a long time on the phone with K2. The rest of the weekend plans might help, and a little sun might go a long way too. (Especially since we're supposed to have more cold temperatures and more snow next week)
7. I should have talked to my husband before making the decision to not go away with my writing friends this weekend. I was being logical and financially oriented. But, as it turns out, we could have made it work. Sucks to be me...
Okay... I can't make it to ten, but maybe I will with Feel Good Friday...
Behave!

No comments: