This has been a really long week! I know I say that a lot lately and I also know it's the adjustment phase still going on. I've only been at the new job a month, so it's going to take some time to find my stride and, of course, the training phase takes a lot out of a person. And I'm working later than I ever have before, but getting up and doing as much as I always have. Today was rough for me for some reason - I hung up on a lot of people and felt like I asked too many questions, but no one else seemed to feel the same way... I don't know. Perspective I guess. Technically, it's only my second week at my desk since I spent two weeks in the store. I know I'm being way too hard on myself, but that's just how I roll. I think a lot of it's because I really like my job and I want to do well and it's frustrating to me that I don't know everything yet. (and it will take a while until I do. I knew that going in)
Anyway. Let's get to the list, shall we?
1. Work - every single day I see / hear / experience something that makes me realize this is where I want to be - that if I have to have a full time job, this is it. Perhaps that's why I'm so hard on myself. I don't want to screw it up and have them tell me not to come back. (and yes, if I had the choice, I would be home full time, but since I have no choice, this is the job I want)
2. Writing every night this week. It's been a struggle, but I've done it. My short story is coming along nicely and I love it.
3. Getting the pie sale completely finished - or almost. There's still money owed from one family, but it's only $12.00. I also informed the committee that I would not be chairing anymore fundraisers. My kid ages out in a few months and while we'll still help out for big events and probably remain on the committee for the transition, we won't be doing nearly as much as we currently do. I will probably miss it, but I'm not so sure after this pie sale. ha!
4. That Man taking care of dinners and shopping. He's not feeling great, and I told him I would take care of things, but he still did it. I think I only cooked dinner one night this week. I have, however, done dishes most nights because the K's have been underground with homework and rehearsals.
5. NYC trip with my girl in less than 2 weeks. We are both looking forward to it. We have some tentative plans for what we'll get into while in the Big Apple. We know we want to eat good food and check out a few stores and things. And we're very excited to see Cinderella on Broadway. I don't know if we will have other students in our group yet, but we're both hoping it's just her and I!
6. Retreat in less than 3 weeks! I am so very ready!! (well.. I have to pack and stuff) The retreat swag and most of the prizes have been purchased. My living room is full of stuff. I cannot wait and I cannot even begin to describe how much I am looking forward to retreat! I need this so badly!
7. This weekend's plans... tomorrow we are picking up our baby girl (K5) and heading to The Meadow for clean up day (unless it's cancelled due to the rain that just won't stop). The Meadow has been timbered, so there is a lot to do to prepare for the first campout, which is about a month away. I haven't been down there since the timbering happened, but I understand it's a mess. We'll wrap up earlier than we want to, I'm sure, to take K5 back to her momma and get ready for an anniversary party in the evening. (I need to remember to buy a gift for that... crap... I should have done that tonight!) We will then have Baby B overnight since his folks are out of town for appointments and such. Sunday is laundry, grocery shopping... the boring stuff... Oh wait. No. We have tickets to the baseball game to see K3 sing the national anthem with his school...
8. Watching old episodes of Supernatural. For some reason, watching makes me remember who I am and who I want to be. I think it has something to do with where I was when I originally watched these episodes - with friends talking about hopes and dreams, working on projects I still love. It's nostalgic and energizing. I don't know if that makes any sense.
9. Final proof copy and cover art received for Cursed Fate! Also, I ordered postcards, stickers, and a very cool notebook! I'm very excited for this book!
10.... Bedtime! I have felt like a zombie all night, but I did some necessary shopping on my way home, made cookies, paid the bills, did dishes, completed pending correspondences, caught up on emails, did laundry, organized my filebox... I need sleep...
And sleep I shall have. I hope. If I can...