Pages

Tuesday, April 01, 2014

April Fool

It's been a while since we've had a really good April Fool's joke around here.... I wasn't even thinking about it this year since I'm in the middle of training and so totally brain dead...
But...
Let me give you the back story...
On Saturday, I attempted to log in to my electric companies website to pay my bill. I was redirected to a place where I was supposed to register all of my accounts. What? I have one. It's already registered. I just want to pay my freaking bill.. I get nowhere. I send an email to customer service. I stop trying.
So Monday morning, I can't sleep. I wake up at four am and try as I might, I'm up. I decide to tackle the electric company website again. When I clicked, I got their page, but every picture and flash thingy and everything was pictures of Nicholas Cage. I didn't even know what to say... I was kind of afraid that the site had some kind of virus so I quickly wrote down the contact info and closed everything down.
I tried to call the electric company on my lunch break. I got no where. They said they had an abnormally high volume of calls, so I figured everyone was seeing Nic Cage.
I had plans Monday night to see the friends I never see. I went to dinner and had a great time, though I left way way earlier than I wanted to. I get home to chaos. The grandson is here. Dinner for the following day is under construction. Homework is being done. Things finally calm down and I log onto my computer....
Every freaking picture is Nicholas Cage... every picture in my email, every profile picture, meme, picture of mine, advertising... EVERYTHING....
I go into freak out mode thinking the electric company website gave me some kind of virus. I'm running scans, complaining... you get the picture.
The kid, K4, says... "Sometimes extensions can do that to you." I pretty much ignore her, because I don't have any extensions... forgetting the fact that I've let her use my computer to do her homework...
She starts laughing hysterically...
I check my extensions and see "nic cage"...
Yeah... She got me. Big time. And it was one of the most hysterical things ever!
I finally managed to pay the electric bill, then received an email back from their customer service telling me the site was down for maintenance. How lucky does my kid get with her prank?
Oh wait.... This kid was the one conceived on April 1. She wins. No matter what!
Behave!
ps... I love my new job! (and that's no joke)

No comments: