Pages

Monday, October 31, 2016

Mixed Bag...

We closed on my parent's house today.
I definitely have a mixed bunch of emotions going on right now.
I'm thrilled that our work days over there are done, but also a little sad because I got to see my siblings every weekend.
I'm also thrilled that the work of being an estate administrator is nearly done and that the estate is on it's way to closing.
It's hard to think about not going over there anymore though. My parent's lived there for over twenty years - so there are a lot of memories even though I didn't grow up in the house. My kids did, though. They've only known that house as Gram and Pop's. Christmas Eve's, New Year's, birthday parties, small dinners, big dinners, helping out with stuff, doing crafts together, working on cars, just hanging out... So yeah, I'm not quite sure how I feel at this moment... I have no more keys to open doors, no more need to head over and make sure everything is okay, no more checking the mail a few times a week. It's going to be a little weird, for sure.
It's a new grief - one I wasn't really expecting, but the finality of it is like a sharp knife into the wounds of losing both of my parents so close together and so quickly. It's like an end cap on the last two plus years. I lost more in those two plus years than I even thought possible. Some I'll get back, some I won't, but it feels weird.
I'll figure it out.
Met my sister's for lunch afterward, which was nice. Food was awesome, and we laughed a lot. Then to the post office to make sure that transfer happened. Now tonight is Trick or Treat night here. We'll see how that goes, but I get to see my Mr. B.
That's all for now!
Behave!

No comments: