Pages

Friday, August 18, 2017

Feel Good Friday

Thank Goodness Friday is here!

What a brutal week at the day job! We all take a few minutes to decompress together at the end of the day and, today, we just kept looking at each other and going ... uh... Ha! I love my coworkers!

So here's the Feel Good list:

1. Friday! Duh! And you know what? I hate that! I remember when Monday was my best day of the week because it meant I was back to writing. THAT is my goal!

2. Attic progress. Second coat of poly is down. The stairwell has been cleaned and primer began. I need to figure out what to do on the walls to hide the imperfections. Wall covering has not arrived yet. Boo. Ideas are being thrown around. It is coming together. This is my weekend though. I cannot wait until we are done with this project.

3. Air conditioning. Today was probably one of the grossest days we've had all summer. I stepped out to help bring the lunch order into work and it felt like I jumped in a big pot of split pea soup. Then it rained. My windows were down. I wouldn't have known except for the water droplets that were hanging around on my door. It was a jeans stuck to you kind of day and I'm grateful that my house is cool and comfortable.

4. Writing. I did manage to get many words on the page and figure out a significant story element this week. Yay! I like how this new story is coming together.

5. Not having to do a million loads of laundry this weekend. I busted my hump doing laundry yesterday. I have a basket to fold and probably one more load to go and I'm completely caught up.

6. Tomatoes!! Our tomatoes are ripening! I bought a ginormous package of bacon so we can have BLT's! Fresh garden tomatoes are the very best thing. I had one for my lunch the other day and it was amazing!

7. K5. Our granddaughter is such an amazing kid! For the past few years, she's been growing her hair so she can cut it and donate to wigs for kids. Yesterday, she met that goal and had her very first haircut. Gone are her baby curls and baby blonde hair. In its place is a grown up looking girl, who is so beautiful! We're so proud of her. And she looks so stinking grown up! I can't deal!

8. Getting pictures of the new grandson! He is so cute! He has these cute chubby cheeks that I just want to kiss endlessly! And his smile is ridiculously adorable!

9. Plans with That Man to escape to the camping world - just the two of us. The sooner, the better.

10. I'm stretching it now... I've got nothing else I can think of at the moment...

Behave!!

No comments: