Pages

Thursday, August 24, 2017

Summer Survival: Entry: Only. Year: Seven

I find that I never posted a Summer Survival last year. 

Maybe because there was only one going back to the educational camps, or maybe because it was probably the most different Summer season we've had so far. And it was chaos.  

And now we're in the last Summer season between educational camps. Ever. (Well, there may be some further education, but it won't be the same)

The youngest native starts her senior year of high school in a few days. It is my last first day of school in twenty-three years! 23!!! How strange is that!? I can't wrap my head around it. At all. It seems like only yesterday that I was walking K1 to his first day of Kindergarten. 

I love it though. My last senior. Her last year. She's excited to be done with school. So am I. It's similar to when we had our last year at the younger elementary camp. Other folks thought I should be sad that my last child was done with elementary camp. I was thrilled. I feel the same way now. 

So my young native is gainfully employed for another day, then the job becomes "days off working" kind of thing. I haven't heard "I'm bored" one time this summer. And while the shells and beads are constantly going to trade for food, and the outlay for educational camp supplies and threads will be much less this year, it's still going to destroy the shells and beads account. 

I am looking forward to this last year of educational camp. I am also looking forward to being away from our camp to be in a different camp with family. 

Yeah... This is the lamest Summer Survival yet. No wonder I never posted one last year! Ha!

Behave! 



No comments: