Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Mid-week...

So it's Wednesday. 

Look it took me three times to spell that right, so that will give you a clue as to how my week is going so far. Ha!

The day job is busy. I took on some extra projects today only to get slammed with my regular stuff. Like major slammed. This is typical of how it goes for me, and it's fine, but oy! Tomorrow we have an employee appreciation lunch. We got to pick our lunch and it's being delivered to us in our offices since we're not supposed to gather together. It's fine and good and my favorite diet soda was purposefully purchased for the day. Nice. And I'll still eat lunch with That Man in his office like we do every day. 

I am editing. And losing my mind. I have eliminated extra pulls, looks, it, just, and things. Ha! Okay, so I did pull, look, and am working on it. The rest will come. It's a slow process and I have to remind myself that some are okay. My editor is in no hurry for this since the book doesn't come out until April, but it's seriously going to need a few more cleaner passes to make sure it makes sense. Reading it through is hard when the track changes is still on. I do like the fact that I got my art sheet for the cover at the same time. I'll be able to fill that out quickly and efficiently since I'm back in the story. 

We got our giant doors installed between our living and dining rooms. They are super big and pretty damned cool. They definitely cut the draft when it's cold. Work still needs to be done, but we're getting there. Next is getting the furnace ready for the super cold. We need parts, which we are having trouble locating, but it will be okay. We're also working on our front steps to make sure they don't crack more during the winter, though we can't find the stuff we bought to do this. Ha!

That is all... Back to removing (it) from my manuscript!

Behave!

No comments: