Pages

Wednesday, September 21, 2022

Mid-Week Check In

I was doing good posting for a couple of days there... Ha! Things got busy and I didn't even have time to write. I don't think I even turned on my computer. 

The first thing that happened besides the super crazy day job was That Man and I ended up with some dumb sinus crap. No. Not Covid. Confirmed not. But it sucked. We're still dealing with the last vestiges of it, but it is getting better. And now allergies have joined the party. In all of my life, I have never dealt with allergies, but apparently things change as you age, and here I am. The neighbor cut his grass the other day and it was not good with my sinuses. Whatever. It is what it is. But that's one of the main reasons for my disappearance. 

The weekend was mostly dealing with our moaning selves and a little bit of house/car stuff. I felt like I'd climbed a mountain after catching up with laundry, so there is that. And I took a day off from the day job and slept most of the day. So that's saying something. I haven't taken a sick day in almost two years. 

Anyway. It's been a year since I've been sick, so there's that. Last year though, I did have Covid and am still struggling to get my smell back. It's coming though. I'm getting more and more of it back and the nasty smell I used to get seems to be gone. That's amazing and I am very happy about it. (And no, I didn't go into the office with Covid. We were working from home and I managed to work and moan about being sick at the same time.)

Cool stuff is coming up. We have our town's annual Halloween Parade, which should be fun. Well. It's not, but we're going to make the most of it. And we have a birthday party. And a beach trip. (woohoo!)

Next weekend is the big library book signing. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't nervous, but I know it'll be fine. My sister is tagging along to be my helper since they strongly recommend having someone to help/watch money/give bathroom breaks. That Man and That Sister are heading to see their brother so That Man can't help. The brother is coming to the east coast for his son's graduation and they are all meeting up. K4 is working. My sister was my helper at the winery, so she knows the routine, which is awesome. 

And that's about all I have. I have managed to get quite a few words on the page the past few days, so that's good. That should continue for at least the next little while. 

Behave! 


No comments: