Pages

Monday, October 10, 2022

Monday...Again...

Man, last week went fast! And this week looks to be about the same. 

Our town's Halloween parade is this week. Now for me, I could not care less about it, but since it goes right in front of our house...

Last year we kept it low key. That Man and I still weren't feeling the best so we didn't make a fuss about it at all. We had a few drop ins to watch the festivities despite that. 

And I had a near altercation with a "Karen". 

She parked her chairs right smack dab in front of my porch. 

I politely asked her to move down to an area of curb that is not directly in front of my house. At that point, we knew we were getting company, so yeah, we were using the space. She came back at me and said "it's a public street. I know my rights."

To which I replied..."I pay taxes and maintain that area and I know my rights, too. I politely asked you to move so that I, the homeowner, can use the space I maintain."

She moved, but she bitched about it constantly and let her little kids run all through my flower bed. 

So... We decided since the parade will happen whether or not we care, we might as well go with the flow. 

We are making a huge batch of chili. We have extra chairs. 

I don't know how many people are coming, but it could be a lot. And the entire area in front of my house will be full of friends.

Take that "Karen". Yeah, I know it's a little petty, but she was so rude. In all of the years we've lived in our house, that is the first time a visitor to the parade has acted like that. I typically don't mind if someone parks their chairs along our road frontage as long as they aren't in front of my house, but right in front of someone's porch is rude and entitled. 

And that is all I have for today...

Behave!


No comments: