Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Parade Survived

We made it! After running around like crazy people, we were prepared and ready for guests. 

The weather was gorgeous. The chili turned out good. We had plenty of chili and hot dogs. (Not a heck of a lot of chili left though--which is good) We had amazing treats and sides brought by folks. 

The whole grass strip in front of our house was full of chairs and friends. And, no "Karen". Ha!

Everyone had a good time. The little ones in attendance were dancing and cheering. That was fun to watch. 

An old friend from the old day job showed up and surprised me. That was fun! We were missing a few, but I was still surprised by how many people came. 

It was a good mix of people. It was hard for me to remember that, as the hostess, I needed to mingle. Ha! It's been a long time since I've played hostess. 

The parade itself was good. The bands played as they got onto our street, which is always fun. There were dance schools, who also did their dances instead of just walking by like in years past. Also, back in the day, they forbid the parade participants from throwing candy. Well, that rule seems to have gone by the wayside. They threw out tons of candy and even had some left when they got to us. The little ones (and teenagers) were excited about that.

It was over by 9. We cleaned up and relaxed a bit. I was beat. I think I sat down maybe a total of ten minutes all night. The house held up and there wasn't a ton of clean up. 

And that's all until next year. 

Next up is Trick or Treat night. We usually have a bunch of people that come over since they don't have trick or treat in their neighborhood, and that's fun. It's fun either way. That Man and I enjoy sitting on the porch and handing out candy.

Behave! 


No comments: