Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2023

Retreat: Day Three!

And Retreat is almost a wrap! We're in the final hours. 

No, I didn't post this morning because, really, how much do you care about how I slept and what I had for breakfast? Ha! 

Today has been writing, writing, and more writing. There were no adventures. Plus, damn. It's cold! 

I did manage to sleep in a little. And I smashed yesterday's word count into dust! Not by much, but I did beat it. I only have about 1,800 words to hit the halfway mark, which is my goal before I leave tomorrow. 

But for now, my brain is a little on the fried side. I am loving this story and how it's coming together. The words are flowing so well, but I've been marinating this one for a while. 

Oh and no nap today. Damnit! I had a plan, but lost track of time and the next thing I knew it was time to start my dinner. Oh well. I know I'll be in bed early tonight. I'm already feeling it. Ha! 

I probably won't post in the morning, but hopefully it won't be weeks and weeks until I get back here. 

These retreat days have been excellent and exactly what I've needed in my writing world. Though, sadly, this will be our last retreat for this year. I was already on the probably no more because of trying to cut expenses, but one of our members officially cut herself out for the rest of this year. I mean, it is what it is and we'll pick it back up next year. 

And that is all! 

Behave! 

No comments: