Pages

Friday, June 30, 2023

Feel Good Friday

Whoa! Friday already! It's been a crazy week! 

I don't think I'm going to do a list this week...

That Man went on his annual fishing trip last weekend. He definitely needed the break and had a great time. It was the first time I've been all alone for that long and it was weird, but good. I had three nights at home, and then I headed up to my sister's to keep an eye on their pup for the weekend while she and my niece went to a music festival. It rained pretty much the whole time.

I was going great guns on my edits. And then I wasn't. I got to the part I wrote during the beginning of the pandemic and was like...wtf? I ended up cutting almost half of the book. Some of what I cut can be added back in where it actually belongs, but for now, I am writing over. It was a big kick in the gut and while I did get many new words written, my weekend did not turn out as I'd hoped writing-wise. But it'll get there. 

One of the funny things was sleeping. Okay, me and two dogs in a queen bed. Already tight considering my dog is pretty large. My sister's dog is medium-sized. They're both bed, covers, and pillow hogs. I ended up sleeping in my sister's bed due to my niece telling me I was a fool if I didn't experience the "purple" mattress. It was super comfy and my hip didn't hurt when I woke up, which it always does when I sleep in the guest room. So there's that. Anyway. They have an automatic light in their room. I knew there was a way to turn it off, but I couldn't figure it out. So, Friday night, every time one of the dogs moved, or I moved significantly, the ceiling light blared on. It was ridiculous. Thankfully she called me Saturday morning to tell me how to shut it off. Saturday night was better, but I still didn't sleep all that great (see above. Two dogs.)

It was still good. I ate ice cream for dinner one night and binged cooking shows on the TV when I wasn't pulling my hair out about the book or going crazy because the dogs would bark at every tiny noise. 

K5 turned 13 yesterday. We picked her up to take her to dinner and give her presents on Wednesday and had a blast. She helped me pick out shorts, and got herself a dress with some of her birthday money. We went to dinner at her favorite pizza shop, hit the playground for a few minutes, and then stopped for Italian ice before taking her home. She cracks me up!

Lot's of stuff coming up, so forgive me if I'm absent. We were going through our calendar to try to find a weekend to do our fence replacement and we ended up just laughing, because there is literally something every single weekend. Oy! 

No news on Life After's release yet. And no cover to share yet. Hopefully soon! 

That is all...

Behave! 


No comments: