Pages

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Time Marches...

 Sorry for the silence! I've been off doing fun things with fun people! 

We left on the 1st for our trip to the mid-West. That Man and I and my brother and sister-in-law. The trip there (the very long drive) was equal parts traffic/time frustrating and hysterical. 

We arrived and immediately went into caretaker mode. Our uncle is still in rehab for his hip and our aunt definitely has her hands full. I feel like we barely got to spend any time with our uncle, even though we did. But his physical therapy comes first. He's making great progress and that's what matters. We had good dinners, good conversation, dancing in the kitchen, lots of working, lots of running around (though we didn't get to do much of the stuff we wanted to), cute dogs, and lots of ticks. The week went fast. 

Oh yeah, the ticks. They were crazy. Luckily, they don't have a lot of Lyme there, so that wasn't a concern. But they were freaking everywhere. Gross. Also, That Man and I both got bit by a Brown Recluse spider. Also Gross. Well, not the same spider. Obviously. Ha! Mine happened while I was in bed. Who knows where he got his. Both of our bites are better. Though I was pretty worried about mine. I had a circle around it and everything. 

It was a good trip--fun, but not too relaxing. Which is whatever. We did what needed to be done. Being there was important and I don't regret anything. 

Came back to insanely high grass, no dead plants, a dog with a hot spot (her first one ever, but it's getting better) and to be shunned by her even though she was very well taken care of and had a good time, a super insane day job that has not calmed down yet, and still no word on Life After's cover or release date. But I am back to editing, so that's good. 

And now we go back to our regularly scheduled insanity. 

That is all. 

Behave!

No comments: