Pages

Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Tuesday Check In

It's still hot here. I'm over it. So over it. 

On Saturday, our daughter-in-law stopped in with the grandboys. The intent was a quick bathroom trip. Except they didn't leave for over three hours. Ha! The boys "washed" my car, soaked themselves in the hose, ate every snack we had, bugged Pappy, rearranged a bunch of stuff, and turned on the fire place in the living room. And while waiting for their clothes to dry, their mom helped me remake our bed with the sheets that had been in the dryer. During that time, Little B turned on the alarm clock I never use, and turned our air conditioner down. So we woke at midnight to a blaring alarm and wondering why it was so danged hot in our room. Ha! 

To back up before that, we did hit the weeds first off. My legs are now covered in very itchy poison. I showered as soon as I got out of the patch, but the bumps came anyway. I think it's a mix of poison and spider bites because it doesn't all look the same, even though it itches the same. Ha! At one time in my life, I was immune to poison. Obviously that has changed. 

I got to see the first draft of the cover for Life After. It is so gorgeous and I can't wait to share it with you when I can! I should get that and a release date soon!

Oh, so the shopping trip to the mega mega mall got changed to local stores. Turned out for the best considering the two hour drive and expensive tolls. We did well, with all but one bridesmaid finding her dress. My sister also found hers, and so did I even though I hadn't even planned on looking. We had a lot of fun though--complete obnoxiousness and laughter. Lunch was fun, too. We were home at a decent time and it was freaking hot outside. 

This weekend is more wedding stuff. It's coming up fast! 

That's all I have! 

Behave!

No comments: