Pages

Monday, March 19, 2007

Flip-Flopping

I wish this post was about summer footwear.
Sadly, it's not.
It's about the bedraggled state of my brain right now.
I'm in the final stages of my work in progress. Time to wrap things up, give each character their happy ending and put the threats to rest. Yes. I'll need every page, and then some, to end it. (Which is good, because pretty much everything I wrote yesterday is garbage.) I'm anxious to type "The End" and even more anxious to start fresh with something new and let this one sit (to rot) for a few weeks before going back and deciding what stays and what gets tossed in the garbage (or burned with a match).
Keeping what I what to work on next on the back burner of my brain is a challenge. There are at least 3 different books vying for my attention. (Those are just the ones with a sense of immediacy - if I think to hard I'll end up in trouble with too many to choose from, and that would not be pretty.)
And I already feel like I'm burning the candle at both ends. (how many cliches can I fit into one post?) Getting anything done, much less done on time, is almost impossible.
But, hey! This is life, right? And tomorrow is the first day of spring. Though I'm not sure what that has to do with anything.
That is all.

No comments: