Pages

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Tuesday Random

Hey!
It's been a while since I've written a random post. Bet you missed them!
This morning I saw an ironing board in the grocery store parking lot. Not the same parking lot where the toilet brush was, but the same chain of stores. This ironing board was a regular sized one, with legs, and was at the edge of the parking lot in the tanbark area. I wish I would have had my camera. And I wish I knew how these things happen. Have you ever lost anything like a used toilet brush or an ironing board in a grocery store parking lot?
I haven't.
My truck's windshield has a leak right above the driver's seat. By the time I made it up to school to pick up the younger K's my pants were soaked in the back. Oh, and by the way, it's raining here.
Rehearsals started last night. The kids had a blast. K3 didn't want it to end. They taught them an entire dance number in less than 2 hours. And the kids were doing fantastic. Not me. I would have still been trying to figure out which was my left foot. They did a "dance off" at the end of rehearsal - the older kids did the dance first, and then the younger kids did it. Both age groups had every step down.
I won't say I had as much fun at rehearsal. I took my laptop along expecting to get some writing done. I plopped myself down on the floor, (no chairs) nearly in a corner and started doing a critique for a friend. Let's put it this way...the laptop battery died after only 45 minutes (and I didn't even bring a notebook to write in or a book to read). I spent most of that time trying to angle myself away from this person who was intent on finding out what I was up to. My head hurt from the noise of 120 excited children in an echo-y room and the air conditioning was turned up so high I had goosebumps.
That's not an exaggeration.
Next time, I will have a sweatshirt, alternate writing methods and a better spot to work.
Happy Tuesday!
Behave!

No comments: