Pages

Thursday, August 06, 2009

Georgia On My Mind

So, this time tomorrow we should be close to our destination.
It's almost a 12 hour drive and that's not counting stops for food and bathroom breaks. We're caravaning with my parents and hope to run into our other sister somewhere along the way.
First, I have to get through the rest of the day, finish packing, go to a scout meeting, and try to get some sleep. Should be interesting...
I plan on blogging while there. Our hotel has free Internet, which is awesomely cool, but we'll also be busy socializing and catching up with the family.
My family is well-equipped to take care of themselves in my absence. I will not leave lists, nor make phone calls home for any other reason than to say hello. They will grocery shop, clean, cook, and take care of their own needs. Usually I would at least do the shopping, but I am out of time and after all, they are capable people. And I will miss them. Terribly.
And then next week the insanity starts again. We won't be back until late Monday night since the wedding's on Sunday, and then Tuesday...Ugh. I'm not thinking that far ahead right now.
Right now, I'm going to do my best to keep my excitement at a manageable level.
Your update after the next one will come from Georgia!
Behave!