Pages

Sunday, August 02, 2009

Summer Survival Journal: Entry Seven

My fears are realized in unexpected ways.
The natives are not building an incendiary unit, or a time travel device, though I do not doubt plans for those items are hidden somewhere in our tent.
They are working on a shrink ray.
I am filled with fear. The youngest native explained the benefits of said shrink ray. Horrifying. These benefits include: playing hide and seek inside the house, sleeping in doll houses, riding around in doll cars, and hiding. Do you sense the hiding theme?
I am not sure how beverage containers fit into this scheme, but the items have not reappeared despite my urgings to return them. Writing instruments have also begun to disappear.
The natives may be very small when I return from my road trip with my sister. Perhaps that will work out though. Doll clothes are much cheaper than school clothes.
Hmmmm......
Behave!

2 comments:

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

You can downsize your car. Less groceries.

Victoria said...

Heee! You're right. I hadn't thought of that! Sweet! LOL