Pages

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer Survival: Year Three: Entry Two

I am in hiding, but it's not helping.
They keep finding me and complaining about things like not feeling good and needing medicine...This week...Oh how this week reminds me of my first year in this camp.
Illness has hit the camp with fierce intensity.
High fevers, aches, and pains, and multiple trips to the medical facility have been the focus of this week. The afflicted native nearly broke my heart with her whimpers and pathetic-ness. Said native is now on the mend, which is a huge relief.
In other news, the animals that live here with us have been acting strange. The bigger four-legged critter is shedding so bad that no amount of attention to cleanliness helps. It is more abnormal than usual.
The smaller of our beasts has taken to gallivanting outside during the dark hours. Then, in the morning when we realize he's not in the tent, he cries at us as if we are the ones who made him spend the night outdoors in the wild. I must add that he is the one who has maneuvered through the barriers and taken off on his adventure. I think he might have a girlfriend. He is too old to be out messing around in this way. I have tried talking to him, but he turns a deaf ear to my warnings about procreation and disease.
It is nearly the day most looked forward to and I must take to my pallet so I am ready to face the challenges I am sure to face. I will write more as soon as I can find another hiding place.
Behave!

No comments: