Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wednesday? Really?

I'm really behind and overwhelmed!
Trying to use tonight to catch up, but it's not working so well... I feel like I'm doing everything half-assed, with more and more issues popping up. Gah! But I'm doing what I can, and I guess that has to be good enough for right now.
So far this week:
1. The day job has been so freaking busy! Brain draining, overwhelming, and I don't think Friday is ever going to get here!
2. I have a new great niece! Born today - Leap Day! She's adorable and also in Oklahoma, so I don't know when I'll get to see more than pictures! But she's so cute!
3. My 'burban is in the shop for inspection. And for the verdict on whether or not she'll make it another year thanks to our fantastic mechanic. I know she has some rust and other issues, but I'm hopeful. She's been a good truck and I don't want to let her go - despite the fact that the radio doesn't work anymore and she takes on water during a heavy rain. Either way, I'm not looking forward to the bill...
4. Did I tell you my dryer is fixed? I still hate laundry, but a working dryer makes everything so much easier...
And the worst thing...
5. My sister-in-law has breast cancer. We found out very recently and the emotions are still very raw and fresh. It's survivable and she has a great attitude, but...
My brother is doing a Relay for Life in her honor, so look for a posting regarding that soon. And other things our family will do to show support as we work through this craptastic and difficult time. We're going to do whatever it takes...
And that makes my whining about my insane week null and void. All I can say right now is...Get your mammogram (I will be making my appointment!). Do your self exams! My sister-in-law's (who is also my best friend from high school and still one of my very bestest friends in the whole world) cancer was caught early and she still may be looking at a mastectomy and radiation!
Behave!

No comments: