Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Too Sad...

My sister's fiancee passed away unexpectedly Thursday night.
He was a very awesome guy - friendly, caring, a successful owner of two great businesses, a very smart man, a thinker, a genuine nice guy, a well-loved grandfather, and most of all - he loved my sister so much. So very much.
It is devastating.
They were due to get married in less than 2 weeks.
The first time I met him, I threatened him. I told him that if he broke my sister's heart that I would kick his ass in a way it had never been kicked before.
I think he did that to himself.
Because he did break her heart.
The cancer was under control. Then it wasn't. It happened so fast. A few weeks ago the docs said it had moved to his liver, but they were hopeful. They started him on a new treatment, but gave no signs of giving up - no signs of the fight being over.
The liver cancer was different than the other cancer - more aggressive and very very fast. His bad numbers doubled in a very short time frame. But no one was giving up hope yet. Chemo would start, things would be okay.
There was no hope to be had, though none of us knew it at the time.
He died in the blink of an eye. My sister, thinking he was stable and okay, left to take care of some errands seeing as she'd been at the hospital for days. She expected him to be home in the next few days. Things needed to be taken care of - wedding plans, moving into their newly built house.
Cancer sucks.
Behave.

No comments: