Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2019

Hallowreads - 3

It's all done.

I know it's early. I've been up for about a half an hour. I'm not sure what woke me, but I couldn't get back to sleep. Also, this house is an electric vampire. My phone died, even though it was on the charger - the same charger I used yesterday, the same plug, too. And suddenly, it doesn't work anymore. And it worked last night when I plugged in. Weird. It's been a consistent problem this weekend though.

Anyway.

Yesterday was a lot of fun. Talked to a lot of people. Sold a couple of books. Talked to some book reviewers. Talked to more people. Hung out with a writing chapter buddy for a little bit. It was a lot of peopling. By the time the signing was over, I was fried. But it was good.

Turns out, this was the last year for this event. The organizer moved several states away and doesn't have the capability to continue. It's sad, but it happens.

We got back to the house, ordered some food, and pretty much vegged the rest of the day. One of our housemates decided to head home late last night, so it was just Simon and I talking and laughing. Surprisingly, and especially surprising because I wore the same shoes yesterday, I did not wake up with a leg cramp. I was so sure it was going to happen. Before I went to bed I could feel the muscle already twisting. It's still a little sore, but 99.9% improved from yesterday.

I'm going to get my words in and then pack up. Today is K3's birthday. I will be making a spaghetti dinner as soon as I get home and the kids will be coming over to celebrate.

And then tomorrow is Monday - my last full week at the current day job. It's weird, but I'm settled with my decision. I know it's the right one, especially after this weekend. It all still feels pretty surreal though and I can't say I'm looking forward to tomorrow or the rest of the week. But it is what it is...

That is all...

Behave!




No comments: