Pages

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Mid-Week...

This time next week I will be done with my current day job...

This week so far has been rough. I'm training my replacement. She's super, super new, and while I know she can do the job, I worry about the stuff she doesn't know. I don't have time to teach her this stuff. I'm hitting the absolute basics while trying to maintain the customer service. And I know I shouldn't care as much as I do, but I do... I also have to remember that when I took over my territory, I had only been there for two weeks. I managed and figured it out, and she will too. 

But I am disconnecting. Finishing up the big things and passing them on to the next person. Some of my bigger accounts are going to a different person. She's going to be great and do a fantastic job. I have already lost control over things and I can't fight that. It is what it is...

And again... I shouldn't care, but I do...This time next week, I absolutely will not care about the job - only my friends. Though they will still be my friends even if we don't work together anymore...

I have a week left. Tomorrow is more training. Friday is the same, but lunch is thrown in there, too. Next week is meetings, lunches, and cleaning out my desk. I am sure that when I leave next Wednesday I will be crying. I expect that. I also know that I need to do what I need to do...And that I'm making the absolute right decision. 

The writing has been decent this week, despite me giving myself a mental pass to get through my final days. The plotting and brainstorming that was done over the weekend have carried through and I am holding onto that. 

Tomorrow night is Trick or Treat here. It's supposed to be ugly weather, so we will see what actually happens. We have been stocking up and hiding the candy for a month or more now. 

That is all...

Behave!


No comments: